Hello DYS parents,
I hope everyone is gearing up for Spring Soccer! Practices are starting soon and you should be hearing from your coaches by Friday of this week for Grades K thru 8. Let me know if you have not heard after that. Have a safe and FUN season. As always, please do not hesitate to connect with me!
Spring Season updates:
Town Level (Grades Pre-K thru 2nd some 3rd graders)
- Reminder to find your uniform jersey from the fall season. If you are new this season, DYS will provide a jersey to you the first week. Please make sure that everyone has well-fitting cleats, shin guards, socks and an appropriate sized ball for your grade.
- Pre-K- We still have a few openings in the 1pm time slot as all others have been filled
- Games will be at Rustcraft Field starting on April 9th on Saturdays and times will rotate times like fall season. (2nd/3rd grade will rotate on Pool field) Practices to start week of March 20th and coach will be in touch right before that as we are working on the field schedules this week.
Travel Level (Grades 3 thru 8)
- Reminder to please locate your uniform for spring season. If you need to order anything, please do so by ASAP as supply and shipping delays could result in uniforms getting to you late as the deadline was March 15th
- DYS is hard at work finalizing team rosters and the BAYS league is working on placing teams for the schedule this week.
- Games start on Saturday, April 9th and practices to start week of March 20th, coaches will relay the day of the week and times by Sunday night as we are working on the field schedules this week.
- Games will be on Sundays and start April 24th
- We will be hosting a tryout for the Boys grades 9 thru 11, location and date tbd.
- If your son/daughter is turning 18 or is already 18 for this spring season, they will be required to have a CORI background check and take the safesport course mandated by Mass Youth Soccer/ US Law.
Winter Training- Hope everyone that is participating is having a great time! A few more weeks left!
Clinician Sessions- Grades 1 thru 5 will have a new format this year. We will be running Grade and Gender based skilled sessions. This will help develop greater bonds with players in each grade and make sure that everyone is learning the same skills. Coaches will learn how to do each drill and modify it to their teams needs with the clinicians.
Ex: All 5th grade boys will have an hour session with 2 clinicians and their coaches.
- 15 mins ALL GRADE warm-ups and conditioning drills
- 15 mins Drill #1 with your team
- 15 mis Drill #2 with your team
- 15 mins ALL GRADE- Scrimmaging
Tryouts- This spring season, we will be hosting tryouts for ALL Fall incoming grades 3 thru 8. More details to come!!!
- Cleat and Soccer Gear Swap- 3/16 thru 3/26. Gather up your gently used cleats and soccer equipment and drop off in the bin (88 Abbott Road- porch-) Items will be sorted and cleaned and available to look thru on Saturday 3/26- location TBD- will post on the FB and website.
- Spring Field Clean-Up Day- 3/19 to 3/26 - Bring your team or just some teammates and head to Gonzalez, Rustcraft, Capen, or Condon field for a little Spring Cleaning. Keep Dedham looking Clean!!
- Blood Drive- 5/4 SAVE THE DATE: DYS is coordinating a Blood Drive with the local Red Cross @ 180 Rustcraft Road- watch for further communication/sign up via website and FB
- DYS Night @ REVS- 5/7 SAVE THE DATE… EVERY PLAYER will get a FREE ticket compliments of our partnership with the NE Revs !!! DYS will be providing the REVS with the primary Parent contact name and email that was used at registration. If you do NOT wish that we give them your contact, please email me directly at [email protected]
- Dicks Sporting Goods- 3/18 thru 3/21- 20% off Discount Coupons on the DYS website and FB
DYS on 3…!
Dedham Soccer President