How old does my child need to be to play?
Our program starts at age 4 with our Pre-K Kickers Division. For the 2021 Spring season, the following are the age groups and birth dates for the four levels of our town program.
- Little Kickers - Children must be age 4 by 4/1/2021
- First Grade
- Second/Third Grade
How much does it cost per season?
- Registration is $100 per player for Grades K - 2, and $75 for Pre-K Kickers.
- There is a maximum fee of $275.00 per family.
- Registrations received after deadlines are subject to a nonrefundable late fee.
What equipment does my child need to play?
- Each player needs cleats, shin guards and a Size 3 soccer ball
How are teams formed?
- Teams are formed by league directors after registration is closed. A reasonable effort is made to accommodate requests based on carpooling, etc, as long as teams can be constructed to be as balanced as possible. Teams remain relatively consistent from the fall to spring season when possible and then are completely remade when players move up a level in age.
How many times per week are there games and practices?
- Town program plays one game per week on Saturday, there is usually one or two Sundays per season as well. Kindergarten teams typically practice once per week and Grade 1 and Grade 2 teams typically practice twice per week.
Where are games and practices held?
- Games are currently scheduled at Rustcraft field in the fall and Riverdale School in the spring.
- Practices nights and locations are determined by the coach.
What is your weather policy?
- Soccer is an all-weather sport so unless field conditions are deemed unsafe by the DYS field director, games are played in rain, cold or heat (within reason). Canceled town games are not made up. Check the DYS website on game day for closings.
How can I get involved?
- DYS is always looking to add volunteers – coaches, assistant coaches and board members. Coaches do not require prior soccer coaching experience; we run coaches clinics for inexperienced coaches. Any coaching volunteers must complete our brief coaching application and successfully complete a CORI check prior to participating. There is a field to indicate willingness to volunteer when registering your child.