Welcome to the official web site of Dedham Youth Soccer
Tryout Schedule- Fall 2018
*All players must register for the fall season in order to attend the tryouts. Registration is now open at www.dedhamsoccer.com
Incoming 3rd grade-Monday, May 14th Pool Field
60 minute sessions
5:00-6:00pm Girls incoming 3rd grade
6:15-7:15pm Boys incoming 3rd Grade
Incoming 5th gradeGonzalez Field (Potential Rain-Makeup date will be Friday, May 18th- same times and location)
75 minute sessions
. Incoming 7th AND 8th grade combined) Thursday, May 17th Gonzalez Field
90 minute sessions
**No Tryouts for incoming 4th, 6th grades**
The purpose of tryouts is get an independent evaluation of the players at different levels of play 7v7, 9v9, 11v11. The Tryouts will be evaluating the player’s soccer skills and team play. The format will be a blend of skills (passing, dribbling, striking) and mini-games. These evaluations will be combined with the Coach evaluation and the Clinician evaluation of the players to determine the best, most suitable competition level for each child. DYS wants the player to develop in the most suitable environment to create a positive experience while learning to enjoy the game of soccer.
Players will be evaluated ongoing though out the season by their coaching staff as well as at the Clinic sessions. Soccer skills, teamwork, enthusiasm, commitment are all part of the evaluation process.
Tryouts are run exclusively by the New England Revolution and not DYS.
If a player cannot attend the Tryout, or you are new to the Dedham program, DYS will contact you for assessment/placement. Additional evaluations may be used in determining appropriate level of play.
Team sizes are based on player count. Teams may be combined at grade level when conditions require.
It has been a month since my last email and the season has finally started!I have been to many of the town and travel games in Dedham, and it is great to see all the hard work from the DYS Board, Coaches, Parents, and Players coming to life.I have a few reminders and upcoming events for everyone to mark on their calendars:
Incoming Grade 3-8 -June 20, 2018, June 21 late fee begins
All Town Programs -August 1st, 2018, August 2nd late fee begins
·Zero Tolerance:All Town and Travel parents and coaches.I am going to be blunt.. DO NOT TALK TO THE REFEREES AS A COACH OR AS A FAN DURING OR AFTER THE GAME UNLESS IT IS POSITIVE.We always want to show a positive environment for our players, the referees, and opposing teams.
·Show your support for DYS!Within the next week or so, you should be getting a free DYS car magnet for you and stickers for the players.
·Gonzalez (and all Parks and Rec) fields- NO dogs, no benches on fields.
·Travel age teams should see new goalie gloves and a DYS goalie jersey…
·We are working on Summer Camps for all the kids to keep up and improve their soccer skills.Look for more details in the next few weeks.
·Cleat Swap-We are still collecting cleats, balls, soccer equipment in a bin at Riverdale during Town games.
·New Uniforms- the board is currently working on possibly changing uniforms for the fall.More to come…
·Tryouts/Evaluations for incoming Fall 3rd, 5th (new), 7th/8th (combined) grades.
SAVE THE DATE: May 14, 15, 17th see the DYS website for more details.*you must be registered for fall in order to take part in the tryout/evaluation
·DYS night at the Revs- Saturday, May 12th @7:30.Fill out the order form and give to your coaches to order tickets.Checks made out to Dedham Youth Soccer.Tailgate sponsored by DYS before the game if we get 200+ people.
·DYS town-wide end of year picnic at Nobles- Sunday, June 10th
·Fall- DYS night supporting the Varsity teams
·Flag Day Parade- who would like to walk with the DYS group?
As President for the Dedham Youth Soccer Association, I am truly honored to work with the exceptional individuals on our Board and further with all of you that value the time and dedication of our *all-volunteer* organization. We will all work hard to enhance the soccer experience for you and your child and to meet your expectations. Over the next weeks and year, the DYS board will work to respond to the ever-changing needs of the soccer community. DYS is now representing between 750-800 children in Dedham! Some things that we have been working on:
As of this Wednesday, March 28th, all parents should have had communication with their coach, including the Little Kickers program (except High School grade teams-which have a later start date). If you have not heard anything, please contact me at
Practices- Mother Nature has not been cooperating, but we are hopeful, but cannot guarantee that practices will start the week of April 2nd. A few travel teams will start this week on Gozalez Field. The coaching staff should let you know where/when you are practicing.
This year we have invested heavily in our training program by hiring two professional coaches from England to help our volunteer coaches and players develop their skills and have fun. Each team from Little Kickers thru 8th grade will get one session per week with a pro coach in a grade and gender format. ie: all 3rd grade boys will practice together, all 6th grade girls will practice together.
Cleat/Equipment swap- April 7th Gonzalez field 10am to 12pm. More details on the web
Town Referee meeting: April 5th 6:30-8pmEndicott estate for returning refs only. Fall season will be accepting new referees
Tryouts/Evaluations for incoming Fall 3rd, 5th (new), 7th/8th (combined) dates have been set. SAVE THE DATE: May 14, 15, 17th see the DYS website for more details. *you must be registered for fall in order to take part in the tryout/evaluation
DYS night at the Revs- Saturday, May 12th @7:30. See your coaches to order tickets and more details on the web. Tailgate sponsored by DYS before the game if we get 200+ people.
DYS townwide end of year picnic at Nobles- Sunday, June 10th
Fall- DYS night supporting the Varsity teams
New Uniforms- the board is currently working on possibly changing uniforms for the fall. More to come…
I am looking forward to getting to know more of you, and your interests and concerns in the coming year. I would appreciate hearing from you and encourage you to reach out to me or speaking with me at one of our regularly scheduled board meetings or on the fields.
I wanted to update everyone on what is happening during the off-season at DYS.
1. Training- We have started a new Winter Clinic at Compete Indoor in Norwood. This is a state of the art Turf field that will help our children progress their soccer skills during the off season. These clinics will be run by professional coaches with a vast background in teaching soccer. If you have not signed up yet, I encourage you to do so before the second session is filled. They will be held on Saturdays 5pm to 6:30PM starting on February 24th (more information at www.Dedhamsoccer.com )
2. Professional Coaching- DYS has hired 2 professional coaches from Challenger Sports to help with our training program this Spring. We are very excited to launch this new initiative to step up our level of play and have our children AND coaches learn from these new coaches. One coach will be devoted to our Little Kickers thru 2nd grade town program and the second coach will work with our 3rd thru 6th grade travel program. We will also be hosting special sessions for grades 7 thru 8 and older.
3. Winter – Indoor teams. We had 3 teams participate in indoor leagues in Canton, MA with great results. Next year, we are looking to add even more teams.
4. Travel Teams update: We have met with the Travel coaches about the registrations for the Spring season and discussed the team formations. This was a complete group effort with all involved and decisions were made together for the best interest of all the children. Teams will be announced by the coaches on Wednesday, February 28th for all teams EXCEPT 8th Grade boys as we are still working on finalizing rosters/coaches. If you have not heard from your coach (and are registered) within a few days of this date, please let me know.
5. Fun Activities: Revs night is fast approaching. Mark your calendars NOW…Dedham Youth Soccer “Night at the Revs” will be Saturday, May 12th at 7:30PM vs the defending champions Toronto FC (featuring Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore). The coaches will be taking orders for tickets as soon as practices start. If we get to 200 tickets sold, DYS will help sponsor a family friendly tailgate before the game.
6. Town update- the deadline to register is March 1st. Please visit the DYS website to register. The end of year picnic is starting to take shape for Nobles. More details to follow. We are hoping to have more sponsors, booths, activities than ever before. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
7. DYS Board- 10 members of the board attended an all day Workshop sponsored by the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association. Topics ranged from referee training, Positive coaching, development of US Soccer and more. It was a positive learning experience for the members in attendance.
8. Coaches-Thank you for volunteering! Your division directors will be reaching out to you soon about the spring season. Coaches meetings will be held on Thursday, March 15th, from 6-9pm, more info to follow.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns both positive and negative.
My name is Paul Yandrisevits and I was recently elected and am honored to serve as the new Dedham Youth Soccer (DYS) President in 2018. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone and give my personal thanks and sincere appreciation to George Cariofiles, our Immediate Past President for his leadership the past few years. In addition, congratulations are in order for the newly elected board members. Please get to know them – it is this team that will help make the organization a success. I’d also like to thank our sponsors for their support. We are grateful that their contributions allow us to provide excellent programs, equipment, and venues for our professional development.
My hope for the year is that you, as parents and family members, gain as much value in the program as I do. DYS is committed to the objectives set forth “to provide the youth of Dedham, MA the opportunity to participate in recreational and competitive soccer leagues by teaching and demonstrating soccer skills, sportsmanship, respect, and fair play. To provide a safe environment where our youth not only can excel in their soccer skills but also learn the importance of physical fitness, teamwork, determination, persistence, and hard work”.
There is no better time to get involved with the DYS community and connect with other families in our great town. Take advantage of volunteer opportunities that arise or by coaching a team. I have several new initiatives with the development of our coaches, and players that will be implemented in the coming weeks. Our committees are planning new professional training sessions, fun team events, and family gatherings. I am truly excited for what is in store for 2018.
I will periodically be updating everyone via emails, website, and FB with our progress and welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and input on how to strengthen our program. Please feel free to email me directly at
On behalf of the Board, thank you for making DYS what it is and thank you for all the coach and parent volunteers. We look forward to a year of excellence.