*All players must register for the fall season in order to attend the tryouts. Registration will be open in late April at www.dedhamsoccer.com
Incoming 3rd grade- Monday, May 13th Pool Field
60 minute sessions
- 5:15-6:15pm Girls
- 6:30-7:30pm Boys
Incoming 5th grade Tuesday, May 14th Gonzalez Field
75 minute sessions
- 5:15-6:30pm Girls
- 6:30-7:45pm Boys
Incoming 7th AND 8th grade (combined) Thursday, May 16th Gonzalez Field
90 minute sessions
- 5:00-6:30pm Girls
- 6:30-8:00pm Boys
No Tryouts for incoming 4th, 6th grades!
- The purpose of tryouts is get an independent evaluation of the players at different levels of play 7v7, 9v9, 11v11. The Tryouts will be evaluating the player’s soccer skills and team play. The format will be a blend of skills (passing, dribbling, striking) and mini-games. These evaluations will be combined with the Coach evaluation and the Clinician evaluation of the players to determine the best, most suitable competition level for each child. DYS wants the player to develop in the most suitable environment to create a positive experience while learning to enjoy the game of soccer.
- Players will be evaluated ongoing though out the season by their coaching staff as well as at the Clinic sessions. Soccer skills, teamwork, enthusiasm, commitment are all part of the evaluation process.
- Tryouts are run exclusively by the New England Revolution and not DYS.
- If a player cannot attend the Tryout, or you are new to the Dedham program, DYS will contact you for assessment/placement. Additional evaluations may be used in determining appropriate level of play.
- Team sizes are based on player count. Teams may be combined at grade level when conditions require.