All SUMMER games will be played Monday thru Thursdays.. once we know how many teams, DYS will put out a day of the week and time schedule
For SUMMER Season: list your child’s CURRENT grade they are finishing right now
For FALL Season: list your child’s grade entering in the fall
Hello DYS family,
What a long spring we have had… We hope all our players and families have been well during this time. Are you ready for Soccer to start and get out of the house having the players running outside again? See the announcements below for some exciting updates to Summer AND Fall seasons.
During the time off, DYS has been working with town officials to see when, where, and how we can start soccer back up again while maintaining all state and town guidelines of safety for all who participate.
Keep up to date on all things DYS on our Facebook page where we will be communicating registration info, cool events hosted by the New England Revolution, as well as skills and drills info.
DYS Summer League
- DYS is planning on a Dedham Summer League for CURRENT grades 1 thru 12 (unfortunately Pre-K Kickers and Kindergarten programs will have to wait for the fall season)
- starting the week of July 6th thru approx. August 6th (final date tbd)
- The goal is to have 4 boys and 4 girls teams per grade (or combine similar grades if needed)
- 2 games per week, NO practices- just fun!
- Teams will be decided on a draft format by the coaches
- Games and times will be spaced out on Dedham fields
- We will be following all appropriate health guidelines set forth by the town and state
- Registration is now open at www.dedhamsoccer.com cost is $25 per player (to cover costs for referees)
- PLEASE Register ASAP so that we can develop teams !!!
- Massachusetts Youth Soccer, Boston Area Youth Soccer, and Dedham Youth Soccer are making plans for a normal fall season and we have opened registration as long as all local and state guidelines are met. PLEASE REGISTER NOW (for incoming Pre-K thru Grade 8) at www.dedhamsoccer.com so that we can start to develop teams for both the town and travel leagues. (if there is no summer or fall season, shortened season, or substantial changes made- DYS will offer a refund appropriately as we had for the spring 2020 season).
- Practice usually start around the last 2 weeks of August with games starting around the first weekend in September (more info to come…)
- Unfortunately, there will be NO TRYOUTS this season due to group sizes. Teams will be chosen based off of the group of coaches for each grade and their evaluations from the fall season (or last season played). They will give their input with the guidance of DYS to all come to the appropriate team for each player.
Incoming 3rd grade
The DYS board has implemented the following changes for incoming 3rd grade for the FALL 2020 season:
- All incoming 3rd grade boys and girls players will remain in the Dedham town program for the fall season of development.
- DYS will hold tryouts during the fall season for all players progression into the BAYS TRAVEL SOCCER LEAGUE in the spring 2021 season. (BAYS requires grade 3 players to play at their own grade level and cannot play up with no exceptions).
- This will help facilitate growth as a player, more time with Dedham community, and making sure that the teams are placed accurately for the transition to the travel program.
- The fall season will be planned as an all 3rd grade boys and girls leagues as long as there are the appropriate number of players registered.
Dedham Soccer Summer Camp
August 10-14 and 17 thru 21
Information is still being finalized as town and state guidelines need to be met
Contact: [email protected] for additional questions
Please pass along this information that might not have received it J
Have a Great summer and see you on the field soon.
DYS on 3…!
Hello DYS families,
I hope that everyone has been having a great time between soccer seasons. Spring Soccer is right around the corner and let’s all hope that the weather continues to cooperate (no jinx). The DYS annual meeting was in December and we welcomed a few new people to help make the organization even better in 2020 and beyond! Please welcome new members: Carld and Victoria August, Andreas Matern, Adam Young, and Chris Looby as well as all returning members.
The board has been hard at work during the offseason working on website improvements, choosing an app for coaches and parents, setting the schedules, planning upcoming events, making changes to the by-laws (updated and listed on the DYS website), working on new sponsorships, the list goes on…
As I say every year at this time: Thank You VERY much to ALL board members, coaches, asst coaches, sponsors, who 100% VOLUNTEER their time to help make DYS a GREAT program for our children of Dedham. DYS represents more than 900+ players/coaches.
Winter session #2 for Grades 1 thru 6 at Compete Indoor Sundays starting Feb 16th thru March 25 from 4-5pm for only $70
Middle School soccer (grades 6 thru 8)- Sunday evenings for FREE. Please contact [email protected] to register and fill out waiver.
Registrations are still open for Grades K thru 2 and the Kickers program thru March 1st. High School age Soccer sign-ups are ready for spring as well. Please sign up at www.dedhamsoccer.com
Registrations are closed for Travel (grades 3 thru 8)- if you forgot or would still like to sign up, we can check if there are any slots open at your appropriate grade/team level.
Games Start Date: First game for all Pre-K thru Grade 8 will be Saturday, April 4th with practices starting approx. 1 to 2 weeks prior (still waiting on permit process to be completed). Dates for HS age tbd. All Town games (kickers and grades K thru 2nd) will be at Riverdale School this season.
Coaches meeting: Will be held at Dedham Middle School on Sunday, March 15th starting at 4:30 for town and 6:00pm for Travel. Format will be different this year with youth players showcasing their skills and the coaches observing and discussing (not running around).
SAVE THE DATES:
DYS Night at the REVS- Saturday, May 2nd at 7:30pm vs NYC FC. More exciting news on this next month.
DYS End of Season Picnic- Sunday- June 7th from 9 until 1pm with even more fun activities than last year including Free cookout, music, inflatable soccer games, Soccer Vendors, Sponsor tables and last town games of the year.
Professional Coaches- DYS Training committee is working to hire a few professional coaches to help guide our volunteer staff this spring season. I am looking forward to having them help us.
Gonzalez Turf Field- Snack Stand and Bathrooms- DYS has raised money for several years and contributed a majority of the funds needed to make this happen for the DYS teams that play and practice there. What a great project and special thanks to Sal Ledda for all his hard work to make this a reality for Dedham.
Tryouts for Fall- Incoming 3rd, 5th, 7th/8th grade players will be asked to attend tryouts this spring. More info to come.
DYS winter Hats on sale for the low price of $15. Let me know if you would like to purchase.
Uniforms (Travel ages- Grades 3 thru 8) If you are new, or need new uniform items- please contact your coach or myself. Keep your same uniform number. If you do not have one, let me know.
Town Ages- Please use your uniform from the fall- DYS will have a few extras for new players, any player movements, or additional needs.
I am looking forward to getting to know more of you, and your interests and concerns in the coming year. I would appreciate hearing from you and encourage you to reach out to me with any questions, comments, ideas, concerns, praise!
Please connect with DYS on FB and check out our website. www.dedhamsoccer.com
DYS on 3…